Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Afsos

          It's heartbreaking, disturbing to the core and frustrating like anything!!

The worst thing a person could see, is to see his/her parents getting older day by day. I remember the muscles that used to carry 10-12 kilometres daily from Parmod Bhaiya Dukan to Ghar at 8-9 PM. We've seen courage and strong determination of Papa Ji from Inayya to RTIICS to Medanta.

At any time I realise that these muscles are now so weak that even doctors in Medanta are facing difficulties to take blood samples or inject medicines. It burns me from inside.

Since decades, dialling 06243-27912, 227912, 217912 and lastly 230306 and finally 94**415**7 have been a fixed routine for me/us. 

"Pranam-Khush Raho" is not merely a Takiya-Qalam or stereotype but a complete conversation in itself. 

The day I saw Papa Ji in Medanta, it hit me hard but my experience in RTIICS, Kolkata with Papa Ji in 2008 gave me all reasons to believe that he is an Iron Man and he'll tide over it. 

Witnessing his veins with tiny amount of blood and understanding the difficulties of nurse in getting blood out of his body for test, was one of the most depressing moments for me.

The way, Badi Didi, Jijaji, Bhaiya and Bhabhi left no stone unturned to defy all odds and ensured that Papa Ji is taken back to home safely, can never ever be imagined by anyone except them.

Most of the members in "GHAR" are introvert due to various factors in general and strict disciplinary environment in particular.

There was a day when ma used to make Aalu Paratha for me daily when I was studying in Prabhat Kiran English School. I had my first Ganna Juice near Savitri Cinema Hall when I was 8-9 and I remembered Ma had paid some coins. I don't exactly remember where Ma was taking me but still whenever I see a sugarcane juice centre, I miss those golden days! Whenever I was taken to Binay Doctor, Ma used to halt at Registery Office and a massage was conveyed to Papa Ji. Papaji handed over cash to Ma and in the meantime. During treatment, Pao Roti and 50 paise ka Nariyal were the most attractive snacks. While returning to Muhalla, We used to stop at the same place to convey "Sab thik hai" to Papa Ji. Papa Ji often offered "Bel Ka Juice" from Kachahri Juice centres.

From sharing laughters to sharing tears I realised they are growing old.

It' a horrible feeling. I cry somedays wanting things back and wanting to feel pampered as before but in this process I grow old to realise that things won't get back to it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment